It's Shop O'clock somewhere!
Shopping is the best cardio, so do your body a favor and explore the 9 Streets during your trip to Amsterdam. The city's neighborhoods, in particular, the 9 Streets, are filled with great finds and vintage clothing shops! Endless boutiques fill the area. If you have something particular in mind, make sure to do your research before hand to save time! Or just let go and let yourself get lost as you wind your way through the 9 Street Canals.
The hustle and bustle of foot traffic mixed with delicious cafes and endless retail spaces makes this #1 on our list of neighborhoods in Amsterdam. Check out our Top 10 below:
10 THINGS TO DO IN THE 9 STREETS:
1. Start off your adventure with an espresso at Screaming Beans.
2. Browse the wide selection of books at JOOT (Just Out Of Time). A book is always a great souvenir with a cool story.
3. Grab a quick bite to eat and partake in excellent people watching at Cafe Wheels.
4. Make your own jewelry/souvenir to bring home at Beadies.
5. Mokka Lunchcafe is another nice snack or hot chocolate option.
6. Live like a local in the Maison Rika. This place is perfect for a traditional Dutch stay in the city. We highly recommend this hotel experience.
7. Picking up a lamp to ship home isn't something we would normally consider, but you will find that ‘t Runnertje is certainly tempting!
8. WE LOVE CHEESE. De Kaaskamer van Amsterdam is known as the best cheese shop in the world. They will shrink wrap anything for you as well which is a great option for the plane ride home.
9. If you are like us, and you only eat chocolate on days ending in "y" then pick up a sweet treat at Chocolaterie Pompadour. You are welcome.
10. Browse the perfectly curated clothing and goods at The Darling (more info below). It is a great spot to pick up a souvenir!
What are your top things to do in the 9 Streets?! Share below!